Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34

Thread: Indian Debit Cards that allow online transactions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Action
    amitagarwal,
    but i guess the int. debit card card costs as much as a credit card. and i heard the minimum account balance requirement by HSBC is also quite high(cudnt find this info on their site)
    Its Rs.20000 now.

im just trying to work with my paypal account(it now allows us to withdraw money to indian bank accounts) which asks me to add my credit card to its account.
    Thats right ! I saw the information when I logged into my account now ! Here's the announcement from PayPal.com for Indian members:

Now You Can Withdraw Funds From Your PayPal Account

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're now able to withdraw money from your PayPal account! That means greater control to manage your PayPal funds. All you need to do is request a check from PayPal.

PayPal Checks are Safe
    PayPal checks are safe and can only be deposited into your bank account. In order for the transaction to run smoothly, you must make sure the name on PayPal account is the same as the name on your bank account. If you need to change the name on your PayPal account to match the name on your bank account, log in to your PayPal account and submit a request through our secure webform.

Withdrawal Process
    Upon requesting the withdrawal of your funds on PayPal website, we'll mail your check within 4-6 business days. The actual delivery time will depend on your country's local postal service. Once you receive and deposit the check, your funds will be available as soon as it clears with your bank.*

To request a check, click Learn More below.

*Checks will be issued only in Indian Rupee. Please check with your local bank for any fees that may apply. The minimum withdrawal limit is the equivalent of $150.00 USD in Indian Rupee.

price is a major issue to me. i want to save as much as possible. wat do u think a good option for me? i mean which bank shud i go for to get a credit card.
    Check out either Bob cards or SBI cards.
    Last edited by Arun; 26-12-2004 at 01:58 PM.

Thanks Arun
    U told about Withdrawal Process but when i have not entered US bank account and credit card could i accept payment.
    I think paypal wants both US bank account and credit card to accept payment from others.the only option left will be denied the payment

See my Transaction Details
    Name:
    Henrique xxxxxxxxxx
    Email:
    hlopez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Email Address That Payment Was Sent to:

amitagarwal02@yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Amount:
    $11.00 USD

Date:
    Sep. 28, 2004
    Time:
    19:13:56 PDT
    Denied
    I could not accept it because of not having credit card and US bank account
    Last edited by amitagarwal; 27-12-2004 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Error

Quote Originally Posted by amitagarwal
    Thanks Arun
    U tolod about Withdrawal Process but when i have not entered US bank account and credit card could i accept payment.
    I think paypal wants both US bank account and credit card to accept payment from others.the only option left will be denied the payment
    Are you planning to send/receive payments via paypal from India ?

Are you planning to send/receive payments via paypal from India
    es
    Yes
    Not understood
    I want payment of 11 $ as u can see in my previous post but could not accept it

amit agarwal,
    il tell u wat exactly u need.

i dont have a credit card nor a US bank account. i thought i could accept a payment thru paypal and use those funds(dollars) to buy something online.

i asked my friend to send me 20dollars to my indian paypal account. he did.
    in order to accept and add those 20dollars to my paypal account, paypal asked me to do two things.

1. add a credit card to ur paypal account
    2. add a bank account(Indian Bank account allowed) to ur paypal account

the 2nd option was not compulsory, u can do it later. it is only necessary if u want to withdraw funds from ur paypal account. to withdraw ur money, u need to add a bank account so that paypal can send us a cheque drafted on our name which we can use in that particular bank.

heres the screen that u get when u click on 'accept payment'
    http://img141.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...problem8qt.jpg

now my only problem is the 1st condition. that i have to add a credit card. paypal only deals with people who have credit cards. so i had no other option but to deny the payment.

now im tryin to get myself a credit card.

Arun,
    thx for the suggestions.

Im Still A Student, doing my PG. is there any chance that some bank would give me a credit card?
    Last edited by Action; 27-12-2004 at 04:04 AM.

heres the screen that u get when u click on 'accept payment'
    http://img141.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img...tproblem8qt.jpg
    Yes i got that screen but cant above that step.
    1. add a credit card to ur paypal account
    2. add a bank account(Indian Bank account allowed) to ur paypal account
    Thanks, that only i want to say that even paypal included option of adding Indian Bank account u cant accept payment till u have credit credit card added.

Just tell one thing which indian banks can be added and whether i have to apply for online facitilty of bank before putting indian bank account.
    Like i have account in Sbi , state bank of india , canara , Icici and more.
    Sorry for the trouble.

I guess PayPal hasn't added the feature yet in the Indian accounts, they could be implementing it soon. My PayPal account is a "Verified Indian Business Account". When I click on the Withdraw button, it shows only "Add U.S Bank Account option. Also the approved countries list shows that Indian accounts cannot withdraw money to local banks yet:
    https://www.paypal.com/row/cgi-bin/w...gnup-countries

An update about Indian PayPal account withdrawals...

Even though you got a notification about withdrawing money from your PayPal account to a local Indian Bank, this feature is not yet implemented by PayPal. This is the official response received from PayPal regarding the withdrawal facility for Indian accounts...

Check withdrawal capability for members in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, China, Ecuador, India, Jamaica, and Uruguay is currently unavailable. We are still undergoing testing the withdrawal capability for users in your market via PayPal check. Please bear with us as we go through the last steps of our work to help your business grow further. We hope to offer it again soon. Thanks in advance for your understanding. Please note that if you have already requested a check, it will be processed and mailed to you.

very very interesting thread...i found it very late...but still found it

1. has anyone actually been able to use hdfc bank debit card with any success...(i mean their virtual credit card)...

2. i am unable to locate the information regrading virtual credit card on citibank and icici website...can anyone provide the link plz...i have searched their website for hours but still cannot find...

thanks and regards,

sunando
    -----------
    sunandoghosh@rediffmail.com

Re: Indian Debit Cards that allow online transactions ?

can i use my atm debit card (having visa logo) issued by federal bank to link with my paypal account ?
    if no, for the same purpose in which bank i can ?
    pls give your valuable advise...............

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34