Thread: How to calculate daily power consumption

How to calculate daily power consumption

I want some help to calculate my daily power consumption. I tried to understand the electricity bill but not getting proper information. I can get the units detail in it. It is really complicated to understand. Can anyone simply provide some help here to calculate the total power usage and at the end I can simply get the aspect amount I have to pay. I think my bill is simply getting more higher.

Re: How to calculate daily power consumption

Check the below link. Here you can find the present tariff. But for that you will require to understand various things. Reliance tariff also consist of various charges and taxes. Due to which we have to pay around 30 to 40% more.
    Reliance Electricity Tariff

Our electricity bill is calculated on the basis of kwh and set of units consumed. As per the present tariff for residential we have to pay 2.96 paise for first 100 units. Then it increases to 5.56 for the next 300 and 9.16 for the next 500. If it cross 500 units in a month then your amount increases to 10.61. Alongwith this there are additional fixed charges. Which starts from Rs.30 for the first 100 units, 50 for the next 500 units and then it rises to 100 per month. In this way the charges makes the bill more. Being a private firm there are additional taxes here. But if the same is managed by government then the taxes and additional charges are much more lower. Being a profit company surely you will have to pay a good amount for service. There are many online calculators that can provide you information on your consumption. There is a link provided below. The bill calculated on the basis of kwh. And electricity consumed by our appliances are in the form of Watt. Like a Tube-light requires 40Watt of power to work. Here 1kilowatt is equal 1000watt. While kwh is the amount of kilowatt consumed per hour. To get the monthly unit you will need to first express power in to hours and then multiply it by time divided by 1000. For example you you are using a 40Watt tube-light for 1 hour every day. So that makes 40watt x 30 hours /1000 = 1.2units.

Electricity Calculator

That looks so complicated. I think the calculator thing works more fine. I calculated my consumption which landed around 350units. And after adding all taxes duties on it the bill was near to the actual amount.

There must be more precise option available to find out the calculation. Now here we do not have any thing that can give us intact result. Whatever information we want we have to contact reliance for that. To get more transparent output there must be some kind of online portal. Like the one I had seen for hp gas. They have a transparency portal where you can find information on the total cylinder usage by others. In this way you have option to compare. While reliance does not offer anything. I tried to use the calculator provided on reliance site. It appear after login into your account under more services. But that does not looks to be intact. The issue lies with tons of extra charges that increase the cost. I hope there can be certain reductions in future. I do not think it is really possible to get the right information on energy consumed and added charges on the same.