Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can a tablet screen cause eyestrain or headache

Off Topic Chat

Old 22-08-2013

Can a tablet screen cause eyestrain or headache

I am not sure whether I am right or not, about this. Does a tablet screen can cause eye strain or headache. My niece got a 7inch tablet in gift. I had copied a number of video songs, poetry and stories in it. Now she use that tablet for a entire day. Kids really enjoy games and stories. From last couple of days she is complaining about red eye and a bit of headache also. I showed to the doctor who told her to stay away for TV screen for a while. I think the tablet is causing this.

Old 23-08-2013

Re: Can a tablet screen cause eyestrain or headache

It is a common phenomena. Our eyes are really sensitive. It is common that when you keep on staring pc screen for hours you will have watery eyes or you will suffer for headache. The same is applicable to smartphones and tablet also. Just try to give your niece a bit break while using it. Around 15 minutes in a hour.
Old 23-08-2013

All thing occur due to high brightness. Today smartphones and tablets comes with a hd resolution. Due to smart interface it is very comfortable to use. And I had seen many people keep the brightness at full. Even on pc monitor the same thing happens. You must keep the brightness to a average value. Direct light on eyes can cause harm which result in eye strain and headache. Giving short rest at regular time interval is really helpful. Keeping two slice of cucumber on eye offers instant relief. All you have to do is give rest to your eyes. Keeping it shut off for 5 mins is more than enough at every hour. Instead of constantly staring on the tablet screen just let kids to move around a while. It is necessary that they must build up a habit of doing this. Kids that play video game or watch 3d movies face the same kind of issue. Get a good eye drop from a doctor for a while and do not give the tablet. Usage of pc, smartphone and tablets are growing day by day. People are more glued to this devices. I hope in future manufacturers might come with a good solution that can relive some strain from the eyes.
Old 24-08-2013

Giving short break in between is a good idea. This makes your eye system to work more properly. Keep brightness and contrast at a visible level only. Do not just increase it completely which can cause health issues.
Old 11-02-2014

Aything can contribute to eye strain - computers, books, tablets.
Old 12-03-2014

Whenever you're looking at a computer screen your eyes get dry because you don't blink enough, this can make them sore. This is why people who work with computers all day need to get into the habit of looking away from their screens every half an hour or so and giving their eyes a rest.
Old 28-03-2014

If You are use tablet screen in a dark and for long time then it will be cause of headache.

TechArena Community > General Discussion > Off Topic Chat
Tags: ,