Thread: How to get Credit Card in gray area

How to get Credit Card in gray area

This is my personal problem and i'm looking for a solution. Not trying to get some illegal info (please provide only legal suggestions).

I stay in Mumbai (India), working for a Cat A company TCS. Salary is good, i have bank accounts in three top level banks in India, never did any wrong thing with any of the banks. But still whenever i apply for a credit card, they decline my application. On asking reason, they just say that i am not applicable for the same.

Usually these bankers dont tell you the exact reason due to which you applications are rejected. But i tried to find out and came to know that applications get rejected because i stay in a so called 'Gray Area' which is also called as Negative Area. Hope you might be knowing what is it.

Now i wanted to ask, if i have a good salary, working for a reputed company, my credit history is very good too, then what the problem these guys have with just where i stay? Isn't there anyway of getting Credit cards on these positive points?

Re: How to get Credit Card in gray area

Actual those Gray Areas are marked Gray or Negative because most of the banks have faced huge loss from the customers residing over there. Hence, no matter where you work, they wont come for recovery to the Office because employer is not responsible for anything if the Customer dont pay the debt. Bankers at the end need to visit your residency itself which is already marked negative. This is the reason they are rejecting your applications.

I too come to know that the background verification will be more based on our identity proofs also.

Yeah, that’s true, I agree with you Ekavali. Infact I have read or seen people even beating up the bank guys who come to ask for the money. This is ridiculous. I mean, first you use their money, then you don’t return them and when they come to ask for the same, they get beat up. I don’t think the Banks have any reason to give you Money (Credit Card) again.

Hello Bindusar, as you said you are working for TCS, also have a clean banking history, you will surely get your credit card but the only thing you have to do is change your residence to some another area which don’t come under their negative marks.

You will need to remain atleast for 3 months on your new residence address and then apply. They will consider the application this time for sure.