Thread: What is all those buzz about sim card hack on the web

What is all those buzz about sim card hack on the web

I saw some news on web about this sim card flaw. What is it exactly. I am not getting a proper information the same. Some says that it is a crucial flaw that can cause problem with many mobile devices. I am having a android phone and I have a wallet in it. I keep some money deposit in that through which I use it for purchase and I also have my account details in it.

Re: What is all those buzz about sim card hack on the web

First of all it is recommended that you must not keep any account details in your mobile phone. It is for your safety. Even if you keep the account number never keep the passwords. This would be risky. It is applicable for all platform.

Re: What is all those buzz about sim card hack on the web

The buzz was about a vulnerability. And it was associated with the sim card. According to the news there are some sim card which can be used by malware. It is not really a great to threat to all. But it is better to stay on the safer side. It is a kind of flaw which lies in the sim encryption itself. Now there are around millions of device around the web which can be affected and cause problem. The sim flaw allows the attacker to remove attack on your device and control it. But yet there is no clarification available that anyone has really affected with it. Rightnow you can ignore that. For android you must keep your device updated. Do not mess with custom rom and other rooting stuff because that add more risk in your device. Sim cloning is another threat which lies around a number of different phone. Still in future we can expect a good amount of security output from various manufacturer.