Thread: Can iPhone 5 beat Android market ?

Can iPhone 5 beat Android market ?

This is a thought that came to my mind suddenly after watching an iPhone 5 tailor on web. So i thought to lets discuss and see what other people thinks about it. AFAIK, almost 75% of people know about Android Mobiles and in last year, there was a huge sale of Android mobiles. If am not wrong, Android is overtaken more than 60% of Smartphone market in these 2 years.

But as Apple is taking its next step, what you guys think about iPhone 5? Is it going to Break Android Market ?

Re: Can iPhone 5 beat Android market ?

I dont think so. if we see the stats and reports generated by official sources, Google has sold about 224 million Android devices last year whereas Apple's was 93 million. Also in this year, 2012 so far, Apple has estimated the sales growth upto 125 million units whereas Android sales is expected upto more 70%.

So, i dont think even iPhone 5 can come in the way of Android.

In my opinion its very difficult for any brand to beat android application with any kind of applications and software's.

Apple is just alone to use iOS whereas there are world's many brands including top level like Samsung, HTC, Sony to low level like Micromax, karbonn and many more who are using Android in their devices and are actually successfully selling them. Also if we see, there are millions of free applications available for Android whereas Apple has less number of free apps, mostly people need to buy applications from app store. So, even i dont think iPhone 5 or iPad 4 can beat Android in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by jafranklin05 View Post
    In my opinion its very difficult for any brand to beat android application with any kind of applications and software's.
    Thats absolutely correct buddy. I mean, Google is a Giant on internet since long years and now he is taking over other markets too successfully. If we see last year, Samsung with Android devices has end the market of Nokia who ruled for more than a decade. There are many other brands who came up or even showed up with their devices just because of Android. And am sure it is going to continue for the long time.

Why will people buy such costly hardware/software if they are getting the same user interface and features at such a low price.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin JOE View Post
    Thats absolutely correct buddy. I mean, Google is a Giant on internet since long years and now he is taking over other markets too successfully. If we see last year, Samsung with Android devices has end the market of Nokia who ruled for more than a decade. There are many other brands who came up or even showed up with their devices just because of Android. And am sure it is going to continue for the long time.

Why will people buy such costly hardware/software if they are getting the same user interface and features at such a low price.
    I think u are in the right.

It is hard to say. But apple has strong charm indeed.
    it is said that 2 million people have pre-ordered new iPhone 5 in first 24 hours.

I don't think apple iPhone5 can beat android market. Though it could be a craze for some people to buy newly released iPhone 5 but still most of the people will stick to android as apple phones are costlier whereas android phones provides more functions in less prices.

dimplethakur Guest

No its not possible so soon.. android is popular in all customers..its available in various range so anybody can purchase..whereas iPhone is not a thing which everybody can use..So it can take over android so easily..

Yes, Apple iphone 5 beat android market. If we analysis its selling report then we find that it is a best phone in current mobile market. American weekly time magazine also named it as this year's best gadget in its annual list of top ten gadgets.

No, from people around me, more and more of my friends are switching from iPhone to android phone.

I'd prefer Andorid too, I do not like iPhone because the data transfer, storage are not compatible with other System.

For my experience - i have three different mobile device, the android pad (XOOM), iphone5 and Windows phone(HTC rader). i love the iphone 5 most