Thread: Anyone can tell me in simple words about God Particle?

Anyone can tell me in simple words about God Particle?

From last two days, every newspaper, every magazine and every news channel is showing news about the God Particle. I am not much into physics and my job doesn’t provide me with enough time to read about it. But I am still curious about this God Particle and what exactly it is? I tried reading about the God particle in one magazine, but all the highly physics related terms kept me away from the article. So I need to understand it.

Re: Anyone can tell me in simple words about God Particle?

The scientists at CERN which is located at Geneva, Switzerland discovered the God particle. This is known to be one of the greatest achievements in field of Physics as this discovery will change many terms and rules implemented by Physics. The God particle also known as Higgs Boson dedicated to the two scientists who had predicted the existence of this particle and have made big contributions to discovery of God Particle. The name Higgs Boson is derived from names of Scottish scientist Peter Higgs and Indian scientist Satyendra Bose. Two atoms were collided with each other using the CERN's Large Hadron Collider to achieve the sub-atomic particle. The existence of this God particle was theorized 48 years back.

You must be thinking what is so big deal about this God particle that almost every news channel, magazine and news paper have been talking about. Actually the scientists have discovered the God particle to do research about the universe in depth. Scientsis want to study how the Universe began. What was in the space before universe began? How the universe evolved. How life form evolved. If life form evolved on one planet, then did it also evolve in some other part? This all research depends on the discovery of the God particle. The Scottish scientist Peter Higgs theorized in year 1964 that God particle existed because of which the objects in the universe have mass and hold each other together. This particle is responsible for formation of planets, stars and everything that is seen in the universe. It is said that without this Higgs Boson particle, there wouldn’t be any mass, no mass no weight, no mass no universe, no me neither you would have come to existence.

Due to this milestone in field of physics, the committee responsible for Nobel awards is very confused whom to give Nobel Prize to. The discovery of God particle is so big achievement that it cannot be ignored. Also onlty3 Nobel prizes are given every year. In discovery of this God particle, around 50 scientists were directly involved. So giving prize to just single person won’t be justified. Also the rules of Nobel prize doesn’t permit giving prize to all of them. The Nobel prize committee has faced many such difficulties in past and they will also find solution for this problem too.

Read some good books on Advaita philosophy. That will give you a better understanding of the universe. Its only a matter of time that this God particle will be broken down into another sub atomic particle.

The most simple way to understand the concept of God Particle is by watching this image. If you don't want to go deep into the concept of this new discovery or have difficulty in understanding the scientific terms, then here is a picture that will explain you all in simple words.

Though this discovery has made many scientists to agree that it is the God particle. But still some people have not accepted it. Some say maybe it is something other than the God particle while some say that it is just the Higgs part that is found. Also there are opinions and views that point out towards existence of only Boson particle and not complete Higgs Boson particle.

But just after discovery of this particle, scientists have again started research to discover the properties of the God particle and its properties. Research will provide them with a standard model of the God particle which will show all the properties of it. Scientists want to know about the different masses, energy levels, and other attributes of the God particle.

The discovery of the God particle will bring a big change in whole world. Though the discovery has been made in field of physics it will affect all other fields like chemistry, mathematics, biology, history and geography. As the research advances for the God particle, more things about the evolution of universe and its elements will be revealed. It will help us to discover many things that we had never thought about or never imagined. It will also help to discover things in other fields that were never thought of before this discovery.