Thread: How will High Security Registration Plates help Government to track vehicles

How will High Security Registration Plates help Government to track vehicles

I have heard that Haryana government will be introducing high security registration plates for motor vehicles in their state. I don’t think that the rule has been applied yet but I wanted to know how it works and how will it help the Government to track vehicles?? Is there anyone having any idea about it???

Re: How will High Security Registration Plates help Government to track vehicles

Yes it was said that vehicles that will be sold in India after May 1 will be having High Security Registration Plate but I don’t think that the same has been followed by now. There are lots of questions going on regarding High Security Registration Plate, questioning that how will it work and how will the government get its benefit. So I am starting the explanation from the scratch, High Security Registration Plates will have a uniform pattern for displaying registration marks though out the country. They will be made of aluminum having unique details regarding the registration number. It is said that the plates will be having seven-digit unique laser code along with chromium-based chakra hologram so as to avoid counterfeiting that are easily carried out these days. In short it is having a self destructive sticker in blue color inscribing India in stamping foil. Other than this it has a non removable and non reusable snap lock. The Supreme Court has taken this action because people have been tampering the regular registration plates because of which it was difficult to identify the stolen cars. Traffic police were having problem understanding the fancy numbers as well. Now with the implementation of High Security Registration Plates thieves won’t be able to change the number plates easily as it will be non-replaceable plate. Today records are maintained manually but after High Security Registration Plates comes in to action Government will get help in computerizing the data of motor vehicles.

Re: How will High Security Registration Plates help Government to track vehicles

Thanks for sharing the same, so High Security Registration Plate is being forced for stopping thieves from changing the number, stopping the trend of fancy numbers and maintaining computerized data of motor vehicles right?? Anyways I wanted to know that will it be applied to villages as well or it will be applied in big cities only?? How much will it cost??

Yes High Security Registration Plate will be applicable to all the cities and villages throughout the country. The implementation is said to be starting from cities but it will soon reach villages as well. It was mentioned that the implementation will start from May 1 in some cities but I think that there is still some more time but sources say that new vehicles in Delhi have started getting High Security Registration Plate. One will get a pair of HSRP plates, it will cost Rs. 334 for four-wheelers where as Rs. 111 for two-wheelers. Commercial vehicle will get it for Rs. 134 and Heavy Commercial Vehicles will get it for Rs. 258.

Yes it has been started in Delhi for the new vehicles, I live in Delhi and I just wanted to know that what is the procedure of getting it implemented on old vehicles?? You have mentioned something about the snap lock in your first post, I did not understand much about it, can you explain the same in a bit detail??

Sources say that the old vehicles will be given a tine span of a year to get High Security Registration Plate implemented. You can get it implemented from your local RTO, after paying the amount and showing smart registration card you will get the new plate within 48 hours, the fitting out the plate is quite easy and won’t take more than 10 minutes. As far as the snap lock is concerned I will like to inform you that it will be holding number plate.

If anyone will try to remove the snap lock and it won’t be possible to install any other number plate after that. If it gets damaged in an accident then you can apply for replacement to the RTO. You won’t get the High Security Registration Plate anywhere else than RTO. So make sure that you are not getting fooled anyone who claims that even he provides the HSRP plates and so.

Yes I am aware of these things I think that it is a good decision by our Government and we should really support the same. I think High Security Registration Plate will reduce thieving to much extent. The best safety feature is the unique seven-digit laser code, it is said to get scanned by laser detector cameras which will match the number plate details with the laser code and will let the Police know if it belongs to the same vehicle or not.

Even though the unique seven-digit laser code is the best safety feature I don’t think it will help out the government to much extent. It will work fine in cities where there are laser detector cameras on main roads and signals. Since the same laser detector cameras have not been installed in villages and some other rural places we cannot say that the unique seven-digit laser code is a crucial safety factor.