Thread: Transferring funds from mobile phone can be handy

Transferring funds from mobile phone can be handy

I was reading on internet that many service providers have started payment facility using mobile phones. We have to open an account and then transfer some money in it. After this we can use that money by transferring it to other mobile. Like this way, we can use our mobile phone as wallets. I think that this whole thing is innovative and useful as we won’t have to always carry our money around. We can just straight away transfer money to other device and do the transaction. What do other people think about this feature?

Re: Transferring funds from mobile phone can be handy

I too agree that making payment and other transactions using mobile phones is one of the most useful things we have today. It comes handy in emergency. For example, I am outside my home and suddenly realize that I have forgotten my wallet, then I won’t have to worry about it. I can do payments and other transactions using my mobile money transferring service. Also it is very useful in emergencies as it can give us money when needed. I have used it many times and it has always helped me get the things right.

I think that mobile payment service comes handy in times when someone needs money urgently and he/she doesn’t have. We can send them the money from our mobile phone to theirs. Recently, one of my friends called me at night to say that his girlfriend had met with accident and she had to be taken to the nearby hospital. While going out he couldn’t take much money and had money enough for girlfriend’s admission in hospital. He needed more money to get medicines.

So I just sent him money from my mobile and he got the money needed. So I think that mobile payment is an good option for using.

I don’t think that transferring money using mobile is safe. It must be fine to transfer money from one mobile to another where both the users are known and trusted. But using it in retail shops and outlets to buy things does not seem secure. We will be actually giving out details about what we buy and what are our choices. If we buy something very private stuff like medication for some disease that we don’t want to make public, then it would become problematic.

I know that the service providers won’t reveal the data of our purchase and choices, but still there is an big bad world out there which thrives on personal data of other people to cause troubles.

I too think that money transfer using money would be risky. There are so many hackers out there that I think that one of them might hack the network and steal all the money from my account. Recently there was attack on the network of Sony Playstation and the hackers stole the details of the user’s identity number, password and other things. I think that hackers might even attack the system of the mobile payment and steal what they can find. If they can hack the Sony’s network which must be under high security, how much time will it take to hack the network of the service provider.

People who fears that hackers might take away their money if the mobile payment is used should see to it that they are keeping only limited amount of money in their account. They should keep money enough that it will help them in urgent times. Also there is no security in any online transactions nowadays. You have to trust the person you are dealing with and also the service provider that is allowing you to do the transaction. T

he hackers are also intelligent. They don’t go on hacking each and every person that does transaction. They keep tracking your transaction and once they feel that you have too much money then they attack your account. So when using mobile payment do it wisely.

One thing that I hate about mobile payment is that the next person too needs to have same application for it. I live in India and not everybody has the mobile phone that can support these features. I know nothing can be done about it. But I think it will take time to bring this system in my country. I think another bad thing about this facility will be that if we lose mobile, we will also lose our money with it. Also many people have bad habit of not logging off their accounts after use is done. So if one loses mobile and it goes into wrong hands, one can misuse this facility.