Thread: What does this means on Google - “tell congress please don't censor the web”

What does this means on Google - “tell congress please don't censor the web”

I have found a no of people starting topic saying “tell congress please don't censor the web” so I just wanted to know what does that means, I have heard that it is something related to the piracy act but then it is still not that clear to me, I mean that how will be this act affecting other’s and all, is there anyone who has an complete idea about this and share the same with me??

Re: What does this means on Google - “tell congress please don't censor the web”

I have found a no of people starting topic saying “tell congress please don't censor the web” so I just wanted to know what does that means, I have heard that it is something related to the piracy act but then it is still not that clear to me, I mean that how will be this act affecting other’s and all, is there anyone who has an complete idea about this and share the same with me??
    As far as I have gone through the same, these titles are for protesting against the bill or act that is known as Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) and congress is trying to pass this bill in the US, I will like to add that if this bill will get passed then whole web will get censored and it will not allow anyone to post anything that has a copyright, just for eg if you are posting even a song on facebook then the you could be sued by the copyrighter. Even I am against the same and I am happy that there are a no of sites that are standing with the Wikipedia who are protesting against the same, I really don’t want it to get passed.

Re: What does this means on Google - “tell congress please don't censor the web”

Hey thanks for the same but then I just wanted to know that how should I protest against the same, I mean I don’t think that even I will have to start a topic like this?? Is there any official protesting that is going on somewhere??

In that case you can just visit the below site and then enter the required details and then sign the petition, if you want to protest against the same then you can do it now.

I have signed the same previously, I just wanted to add that this act is just a part of the 2012 defense bill: NDAA and if this gets passed then there will be no more constitution no more protests No more free speech and political opinions as well, I think that we all are really in a bad situation, I am hoping for the same like you all let’s see what happens.

Yes if this bill will get passed then the government will be removing which we search for as it will be forcing very strict monitoring of their websites and if any website is not following the same then there are chances that they will get shutdown as well, just to explain the comment that we make on any sites appears to be similar to that of some other site then our comment will be removed or censored, I have found some companies like Hollywood and Music industry supporting the SOPA and PIPA because they already have earned a lot and they won’t be getting as affected as the other sites.

I think that this act is all about snatching a good amount of money from the Google and nothing else, I really don’t think that this bill will get passed an so, as there are millions of people who are against it and very few that are supporting like you said about the Hollywood and Music industry, There are no chance of getting this bill passed without the mass opinion and the mass opinion is no for this bill. I will suggest you take part in the online petitions and spread it to all others as well.