Thread: When is a line graph used?

smile When is a line graph used?

Hello everyone, I want to know from you guys that when is the line graph used? And what is the main purpose of using the line graph? I know the question would seem to be too easy for you but, still I want to know about this. Can anyone please help me to find this answer? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated…. Thank You in advance for the answers……..

smile Re: When is a line graph used?

I think if someone wants to know about the changes that has been undertaken from the previous and the current situation then he makes the use of the line graph. For example The TATA Motors make the use of the line graph to measure the profit at the end of the month/year. The line graph is used in many aspects when you want to compare the previous and the current situation. It is also used in the Statistics to find the solution of the given data.
    Hope this helps……

smile Re: When is a line graph used?

Line graphs are also used to assume the amount of the data which we think that is going to happen in the future when we don’t have the data with us. Thus, creating a line graph make us assume that data. The line graph is used in science by most of the Weather Forecasters to show the climatic conditions of a particular city or state. For example By using the Line graph they tell the comparison between the last year’s rainfall and the current year’s rainfall…..

cool Re: When is a line graph used?

The main use of the line graph falls under calculating the growth of the population every year. The line graph of the population growth tells us that what is the current population growth and what was the population in the previous year.
    For example. Take a look at this line graph which tells the population growth between the year 1950 to 2000.

Looking at this line graph it clearly indicates that there was tremendous growth of population between the year 1950 to 2000.

ThumbsUp Re: When is a line graph used?

Thank You guys , That was very clear and helpful suggestions by you all. It gave me a good amount of the information regarding the line graph and its uses. I will share this information with my friends who were eager to know about this topic. Thanks a lot again…….