Thread: Request for help with survey on open source software related to research for the visually impaired

Request for help with survey on open source software related to research for the visually impaired

Hi everyone!

My name is Ted, and I'm a graduate student visiting Bangalore for the summer, conducting research on technology use among the visually impaired. Related to this research, I am trying to gain a better understanding of Free and Open Source Software use and contribution in India (any software, anywhere - not just that related to the visually impaired), and am conducting a survey to try to gather information related to this.

Below is a link to the survey, and we would greatly appreciate the help of anyone who could fill it out. The survey will likely take 10 - 15 minutes, and the only requirement for the survey is that you've used open source software at some point:

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spr...c0J1WmZBSkE6MA

Thanks very much to anyone who fills this out - it will hopefully go a long way to helping us to build an understanding of open source software use and contribution, and help us build a foundation to better understand technology use by the visually impaired in India. If you have questions, please feel free to email me at epmccart at gmail dot com.

Re: Request for help with survey on open source software related to research for the visually impaired

It is obvious that free and open source software doesnt provide much of the features as compared to the commercial ones, hence people use pirated commercial software, which is very costly if purchased. Though there are quite few software's such as VLC, codecs, free media players which are quite handy for daily usage and very important too.