Thread: How to block a phone number on cell phone

How to block a phone number on cell phone

Hi,

If not, any ideas on how to troubleshoot the phone? I was on the phone with sprint for hours last night, but they told me that my problem "wasn't possible." I don't want some of my old friends contacting me whatsoever, and I'm not sure how to block their numbers so can you tell me how to block a mobile phone number on my cell phone ????

Re: How to block a phone number on cell phone

You can block the number through your cellular phone carrier or temporarily on the phone itself. You simply need to call the customer service for your specific provider and they can block your number. When you do this your number will never show up to anyone. You can tell the phone to accept all calls, only those from a list (you specify), or none (not sure why you'd use that option).

To call your wireless customer service to block your cell phone number, just dial 611 or your customer service number from your cell phone and you will reach them. You can do it, if your carrier allows you to block all text messages except when it comes from a specific address, you can create an e-mail account that has good spam filtering software or else you can look in your cell phone user manual to get the specific procedure for blocking or unblocking your caller ID for your phone.

Simply you can do is, I have done it with my sonyericsson w550i

Go to Phonebook - groups - add new - [Give name for the group ] - addnew - add the person to the group.

Create Accept List:

Go to Settings - profiles - Edit profiles - Accept calls - Accepted list - add new - groups -

Then

Go to Settings - profiles - Edit profiles - Accept calls - accept options - accept from list

smile Re: How to block a phone number on cell phone

I don't think you can block a phone number you want. If you use a cell phone jammer, all numbers will be blocked.

Isn't this painting beautiful? It's not an ordinary painting, it's also a cell phone jammer!
    Last edited by Kunal; 10-09-2010 at 02:21 PM. Reason: External Linking is not allowed

Quote Originally Posted by quee View Post
    I don't think you can block a phone number you want. If you use a cell phone jammer, all numbers will be blocked.
    yeah, thats correct. i even dont think cell phone jammer can block any particular number. If you wanna block just any few phone numbers than the best option is "Blacklist". Am using this application and found it really best. It even blocks SMS from the blocked number. Try it out.

You just call to the company from which you are having services they will block number, there are many facilities provided these days to block unwanted numbers

You can activate the servics of AIRTEL CALL MANAGER 30/- per month.

The best way is that you can contact the service provider of the network that you are using and ask them about this. They will block that number so that you should not get calls from that number. They might be having some plan that you need to activate to do this. They will charge for this service. Anyway, you can simply call them and you will get the detailed information about this.