Thread: Brief idea about closed ended scheme in mutual fund

Brief idea about closed ended scheme in mutual fund

I am a management student and i need your help on this topic i.e. closed ended scheme. I will like to have some information about this term. If anyone have some idea related with this, then please try to post your reply here, and try to post it here as early as you can. Any help regarding this will be appreciated. You might be thinking that why I am requiring this information, so on this I would like to tell you that I require this information for making my assignment on this topic. Please do help. Thanks.

Re: Brief idea about closed ended scheme in mutual fund

I have some knowledge about the term Close ended scheme, so I would like to share my knowledge about this topic. I n the early public offering the close ended scheme offer a fixed number of shares to the customers. The price of the share is determined on the basis of the demands of the investors, not by the net asset value. In order to raise the fund the mutual fund company follows a process. The name of the process is “underwriting to generate a fund with exact investment objectives”. This particular fund is managed by the investment manager by following a specific manner. I think that the information which I have provided to you will help you in making you assignment. Hope it helps

I would like to add some more points to the above topic. A close-ended mutual fund scheme clearly stipulates the maturity period, which could be anywhere between 2 to 15 years of time. The maturity period of closed ended scheme is from 2 to 15 years. One can make investment on a close-ended mutual fund scheme as they are launched. After that once the mutual fund scheme is listed on the stock k market, the new can buy or sell the particular fund. I think this will help you out.

I am mentioning here some of the features of the closed ended scheme-
    Liquidity management
    As the tenure of the close-ended mutual fund scheme is fixed, due to this reason the fund manager does not have to think about the performance of his disposal. The main idea is that the close-ended mutual fund scheme profits a fund manager for the purpose of Liquidity management.
    Security from short-term market fluctuations
    The short term fluctuations which occur in the market do not have any kind of effect on the Close-ended mutual funds. This is because of the fixed tenure for maturity.
    Hope it will help you.

As I have asked you to provide some information on the topic closed ended scheme, so I have refer the above posts and I founded each one of them as really excellent. I am very much satisfied with the help which you have provided to me, but I need you help once again and this time I want to know the names of some of the companies offering close-ended mutual fund schemes in India. Please try to help me once gain and I would like to give my thanks to both of you for your kind support and also for the time which you have spent in giving me the reply. Do remember to reply me back.

I have few names of the company which offer close-ended mutual fund schemes in India. Make a refer of it-
    1. Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund
    2. Tata Mutual Fund
    3. Standard Chartered Mutual Fund
    4. ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund
    5. HDFC Mutual Fund
    6. LIC Mutual Fund
    7. Sundaram Mutual Fund

I have provided you the names of the company. I hope that it will help you out.