Thread: Concept of Supply chain management project.

Concept of Supply chain management project.

Hey. I m a B.Tech under graduate student from Sardar Patel college of Information Technology. I have a topic of concept of supply chain management project in my final year. So I want to know what is supply chain management (SCM)? How many parts are there in supply chain management (SCM)? How this can supports the development of project? So if any one have some idea about the supply chain management project then please reply my post…

Re: Concept of Supply chain management project.

Supply chain management (SCM) is the mixture of art & science subjects that goes into improving the mode your company finds the raw mechanism it require to make a product or repair & carry it to customers. The following are 5 essential parts of SCM.
    1. Plan -This is the planned portion of SCM. Companies need a policy for running all the property that go toward meeting customer command for their product or service. A big piece of SCM planning is increasing a set of metrics to monitor provide the chain so that it is well-organized, low of cost and gives high quality and worth to customers.
    2. Source-Next, companies must decide suppliers to distribute the goods and services they require to create their product. Hence, supply chain managers (SCM) must develop a group of pricing, delivery and payment processes with the suppliers and generate metrics for monitoring and improving the relationships.
    3. Make- This is the manufacturing step. They list the activities needed for creation, trying, covering and preparation for delivery. This is the large amount metric-intensive piece of the supply chain—one where company are able to compute quality levels, produce output and employee output.
    4. Deliver- This is the division that many Supply Chain Management insiders refer to as logistics, where company bring jointly the receipt of orders from customers, expand a system of warehouse, choose carriers to get goods to clients and set up an invoice system to obtain fixed cost.
    5. Return-This can be a difficult part of the supply chain for most of companies. Supply chain planners have to create a receptive and supple network for receiving faulty and surplus products back from their customers and supporting customers who have problems with deliver products.

There following parts of the supple chain management projects.They are as follows:
    Logistics.
    Supply chain strategy
    Supply chain Planning
    Supply chain Enterprise applications.
    Asset management
    procurement
    Product Life cycle Management.

Supply chain management goals at civilizing comparing of the supply chain as a globe, by adding info to managerial units along the supply chain and by examination material, finance flow in order to get together customer demands or requirements. Supply chain management projects range from functional improvement on the I.T. level to the widen change programmes. Functional improvement might to be the identification of a new forecasting method or the adjustment of the master planning optimization profiles.