Thread: starting a new site on health info for IT

idea starting a new site on health info for IT

hi guys ,

I am new to this forum,although i have been to this forum earlier. I am an ENT surgeon and have been dabbling in the IT services for some time now. I still am practicing at my clinic and hospital.I am planning on starting a site to address the all health concerns for he IT professionals. I am aware there are thousand of sites that give info about diseases/procedures, most of them from books,which does not do much to alleviate most of the IT people concerns.In fact during my practice i have noticed it confuses many cos the real life medicine is different in practice from what is mostly found in the net,and it varies slightly from hospital to hospital and from country to country.

I intend to address this issue by explaining how or what is done in real life and if possible provide you more info in the form of links and pertinent videos to your questions. I may not be giving the treatment, however I and my colleagues from other specialties will direct and inform you better.

The reason why specifically IT professionals are being catered to is
    1.due info mismatch from net to real world.
    2.Ease of communication through net to address the mismatch.

I just need some feed back from the IT professionals about my concept and idea.

Thanks
    Dr.Krishna
    Last edited by kandala_kc; 22-06-2010 at 01:17 AM. Reason: spelling error

Re: starting a new site on health info for IT

Yes, it will be a good idea to start a health site. You should know that if you give precise and only precise information about the terms that you will use for your site then it will be benefitted. Also you will require a good SEO to be done for the health site. By the way, what all categories related to health and health issues you would like to develop from your website. Do you plan to start a discussion board for the same or will include all other criteria, like having download categories, picture gallery and so on?
    This is a figment of your imagination.

That is a great idea for which you are planing for. But a creation of site has lots of terms in it. Like if you just want to address public about yourself and your company then you can design a 4 to 6 page site. But here you plan to put videos and give regular updates for your users. In that you need to hire some web company which can give you regular updates. Or else you can own your own self manage a small website. You can create your own forums so that users can visit your site and put their comments.

idea Re: starting a new site on health info for IT

Hi Thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Yes the primary focus of the site will be to provide jargon free information for specific queries.Instead of giving a big list of pages about all medical conditions we will focus on specific case related queries and replies. Eventually it may grow into a forum,depending on the response we get.

All medial terms will be explained and elucidated in commonly used english language.

The main grouse that have heard from patients is that doctors do not explain enough or give enough information. Although most doctors have your best interests in mind, they are usually very busy,an avg doctor works longer with a multitude of patients,and in ur country believe me there is no dearth of diseases or patients.

However, most doctors are used to the fact that patients usually give all health decisions to doctors,without any explanation, infact most poor patients still do the same and i dont blame them cos they have other issues to worry about.

The situation is different when it comes to the urban professionals, they are more aware and concerned about their health and they demand detailed explanation,this where there is mismatch currently. It is not that doctors who explain to patients are better than the ones who don't, but without a doubt ,doctors who explain inform and reassure the patient. It is exactly what we intend to do to inform and reassure you. We are not her to replace your doctor we are here only to explain and inform about what your doctor says.

Hope that helps,and please if possible spread this around because i need as much feed back as possible, to get enough encouragement to start this site.

Regards
    Dr.Krishna

Alright then, first you will need a domain name (Indian Based perhaps), search for it accordingly that matches with your website ideas. Then you will need a hosting provider, basically at start for a trial and error basis, you can opt for a semi-dedicated one, later can go for dedicated servers. After that, if you see your sites response is getting bettere day by day, then try implementing SEO, so that it can fetch some more traffic to your site on the keywords terms based. In the end gather as much knowledge as possible from different SEO and SEM market, goodluck.

good going Doc, i appriciate. pls dont forget to mention about monitor effects on eys. good luck