Thread: Songs purchased from iTunes Store won't play

Songs purchased from iTunes Store won't play

Hi,

I have itunes 8. Few day's back, I had purchased a songs and a movies from the itunes but I am not able to use it. When I try to play it. I get the error message Songs purchased from iTunes Store won't play ... you computer is not authorized to use it. Why songs purchased from iTunes Store won't play even I have been charged for it ???

Re: Songs purchased from iTunes Store won't play

Check your computer authorizations, if you purchased items protected (DRM) on iTunes Store and you can not play, you may have exceeded the ceiling of computers authorized to play the items you buy. If you've played on five computers purchased items, you must withdraw approval from any of those five to play content on another computer over.

To remove the authorization to a computer:

1. In iTunes, select Store> Authorize Computer Remove (the computer must be connected to the internet).
    2. Click OK.

You need to check authorizations of shared playlists. If you are hearing songs in a shared library or a playlist, then apple iTunes will skip all items on the list that your computer is not authorized to play. If you've reached the limit of five computers, another option is to withdraw approval from the five computers at once using the following steps:

1. Tune in to see your Apple Account Information.
    2. Click Remove all authorizations.

If you're trying to play a song on a CD or DVD that you burned using iTunes, make sure the computer you are trying to play the disc supports the disc format. For example, if you burned an audio CD in a CD-RW, you can only play it on your computer. If you burned an MP3 disc, your computer will be played in special players and MP3 CDs, but not in conventional CD players.

If you are using Mac OS X, you may not have properly configured the permissions settings on the hard drive of your computer. Perform the following steps to verify and repair permissions:

1. Open Disk Utility (located in / Applications / Utilities).
    2. Select the volume in Mac OS X in the left column and then click the First Aid tab.
    3. Click Repair Disk Permissions.

Try Repair Privileges utility, Mac OS X and Apple products as the default system files, and access to reconfigure the software pre-installed. All permissions set on files and directories will go away. This utility (by third-party software, if you have permission to change the settings of the Apple) and after using this utility, you will get permission to play the songs.