Thread: New 10 rupee coin

New 10 rupee coin

Hi,

Indian Government has recently minted a new 10-rupee coin. I haven't seen this coin but its Very light as compare to current 5 rs coin. Can you give me detail about this coin and From where i can get this 10 rupee coin.

Thank you

Re: New 10 rupee coin

RBI is ready to issue a new bimetallic 10 Rupee coin for circulation. The look: The obverse side has the lion capitol with numeral 10 and year of manufacture. On reverse side, a double line cross with a dot in each pellet of cross and denomination written in Hindi and English around. This design has been prepaed by National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad with the theme of Unity in Diversity.

The outer side metal is Nickel-Bronze and the inner side metal is Ferrous Steel. The weight of the coin would be 8 grams and the diameter would be 28 mm. The coins are being minted at mainly Noida and Mumbai mint. The coins worth Rs.70 million was already stored in its stock.

This face of the coin is divided into three portions. The centre portion shall bear the “Lion Capitol” of Ashoka Pillar with the legend ‘सत्यमेव जयते’ inscribed below and the prominent international Numerals “10″ indicating the denomination. The top portion contains word “भारत” in Hindi and “India” in English. The bottom portion contains the year in International Numerals.