Thread: What team does materazzi play ?

What team does materazzi play ?

Hi

I am new on this forums I don't have much information about football. Yesterady my freinds discus about football match that time they chat on materazzi games in 2006 woldcup. I want to know about materazzi ? and what team does materazzi play ?

Re: What team does materazzi play ?

Marco Materazzi was born in Lecce August 19, 1973. His debut as a footballer, he makes the club in 1990 Messina in Serie B. Defender robust but somewhat "awkward", he expects 1995 and his arrival in Perugia to finally play in Serie A alongside including Gennaro Gattuso. After a year of purgatory at the lower level, he signed to the surprise in a foreign club, with Everton in England.

In 2001, Materazzi was then transferred to the Inter Milan for 1.5 million euros. Does not become immediately undisputed holder of the team but this did not prevent him being selected the national team. He therefore begins late, at age 27 during a friendly match against South Africa in April 2001. Lining the ever-present designated Alessandro Nesta and Fabio Cannavaro he participated in the 2002 World Cup and Euro 2004 on the bench. It will take Nesta unavailable for coach Marcello Lippi decided to regularize in a good part of the epic victory in the Italian team in 2006. A nice reward for a player and rough fighter physically impressive.

Materazzi started the 2006 FIFA World Cup as a reserve player, but after Alessandro Nesta suffered an injury in the group match against Czech Republic, he was brought back into the starting lineup. He was sent off with a red card in the round of 16 match against Australia and was suspended for Italy's quarterfinal match against Ukraine.