Thread: Social Networking in India

Social Networking in India

I don't have any serious query regarding this but i just wanted to know for my knowledge that what is all about Social Networking ? Is it very necessary for an individual’s personal and professional development ? If yes, also let me know the best Social Networking sites in India ?

Re: Social Networking in India

Indian internet users are just hooked to social network sites. Social Networking, Online Dating & Communities with the growing popularity and size, have enabled people all over the world to interact with each other using Web 2.0 Social Media to meet Friends, Girls, Women,Singles, Adult Sex Friendship, Share Files, Photos, Videos though Web 2.0 & 3.0 social network websites like Myspace, Youtube, Orkut, Facebook, Flickr, iFilm, and Blogger.com etc.. I can say that is very important for one's development. You can meet with people with like minded interest both in your personal and professional sphere of life. No matter where these people are located, internet and social networking sites help you connect with them easily nowadays.

Most school going teens have an account on some social networking site and almost all IT-Savvy urban Yuppies are on it.The year 2008 was a year of defining one’s USP as far as social networks were concerned. This year the Indian social networks focused on a particular content/community or aspect of social networking and tried to master it.All social networking websites in India offer a social media platform; free of charge for users to logon to their PC's and share exciting content, videos, photos and files. Social network revolution is the next only to the emergence of Internet two decades ago.

Social Networking Online relates to formation of a circuit or a chain of friends, family or partners who use variety of tools to interact with each other or share their views in accordance to different aspects. sites are mushrooming off late with a new site getting registered every second day. There are already dozens of local Indian social networking sites trying to be the next Orkut. Rediff.com, a popular portal in India launched its own version recently and claims to have 1 Million subscribers already. i can say that Facebook is second most popular Indian social networking site with 4 million visitors, up 150 percent versus year ago. Than comes the Bharatstudent, with 3.3 million visitors.

The growth of Online Social Networking has also come up to the fact that it lends a strong platform for an individual to come out with personal views in a nurtured global way of approach. The outreach of social networking service has put together millions of people share content, videos, articles etc.

The large Indian social networks are bigadda, ibibo, minglebox, fropper, desimartini and recently launched itimes and rediff social. Online Social Networking was just a crazy idea with its onset. But with the idea breaking heavy work-outs, it was felt necessary to include features which could allow the users to initiate customization and encourage their habits to explore.Online video and music sites are also doing reasonably well. However, one of the major competitor there is the Indian Television and Cinema industry, which still has a grasp on a big share of the user attention.If one takes a look at the top social networking sites then one would find that the services provided by them are pretty much the same and few. They primarily involve creating profiles of individuals and helping them getting linked with others sharing similar interests.

When it comes to online things social networking websites are used which works like an online community of internet users. Depending on the website in question, many of these online community members share common interests in hobbies, religion, or politics.
    Now a days facebook and twitter are in more demand.

Tyreek Curt Guest

Great and thorough presentation. Could you send me a pdf of it? I’m planning on moving to India in the next year and would like to better understand the social media landscape. Your presentation would certainly assist me in doing that. Thank you in advance

delldoown Guest

Social networks are important, because the current individual's personal and professional development. You meet people with like-minded interests, including your personal life and professional fields. Regardless of the place where these people, the Internet and social networking sites to help you connect with them easily. Social networking sites have sprung up late for a new site to be registered every day.
    Last edited by delldoown; 20-01-2011 at 07:49 PM.

IntegratedS Guest

Social networking sites are helpful in promoting and increasing the traffic on the site. Nowadays, people are using internet to search something’s, and social networking sites is one way of connecting with your target market/viewers/visitors. Just create an interesting and informative content about your site. Article submission and social bookmarking will also help your site.

jacobwilliams Guest

social networking websites in India offer a social media platform, Social networking sites are helpful in promoting and increasing the traffic on the site. Social networking sites have sprung up late for a new site to be registered every day.