Thread: The best way to make ringtones for the Motorola Razr

The best way to make ringtones for the Motorola Razr

Hi,

I have a Moto Razr and I have many mp3 files. I like to make a few ring tones, but am lost as to how. I have the USB cable to connect the phone to my PC, but the PC doesn't recognize the phone automatically when plugged in. I can crop it or use the whole song. I would really like to make my own ringtones for the Motorola Razr.

Re: The best way to make ringtones for the Motorola Razr

Have you tried using P2KTools or P2KMan to put the MP3's on the phone?Simple way to do it is by P2k Advance Editor, But you will need a usb cable for your phone find the program at Moto Modders Need to register to download or you can use Bluetooth. If you want to edit the mp3 down, you can do that is QuickTime Pro and then export as a .wav then convert back to mp3.

I use audacity to make ringtones for the Motorola Razr, I don't convert between formats. Just load the MP3, do the start and end selection and export selection. you'll need a data cable, Moto Phone Tools (on some version's BitPim will work), a program like Audacity to cut your mp3's down to ringtone size and thats about it.

Use Ringtone Maker Plus 5.2.0, its the best way to make ringtones for the Motorola Razr. You select the music file, edit it, and then download it to your phone. There is a graph of the song to help you choose the right segment you want. You can also make your own mobile wallpapers, send full songs to your phone, make your own mobile wap site, store your personal phone files one the server, share your ringtones with your friends from MySpace, Hi5 or post them on other blogs.

Why you want ringtone?
    For example I download whole songs...

Quote Originally Posted by dasli View Post
    Why you want ringtone?
    For example I download whole songs...
    That's really funny questions, we do make ring-tones for mobile phones , Playing songs as ring-tones is not choice of all. We all have our own taste.

Well there is another aspect to this Ringtone thing.

See a Song is always about 4 to 5 mins playback.

Whereas ringtone can be from 20 sec to 100. Again you can also edit the part you want from the particular song. Again you can make a ringtone with a boot in sound as well as lowering the size preferable for cell phones with less memory & not so good speaker.

So if someone want to download ringtone its nothing wrong or funny. While editing ringtones you must have the knowledge of sound, db, quality & different audio formats.

To make ringtones for the Motorola Razr just open up 'Get Tunes & Tones' and click on 'Record New' than Option and finally switch over to 'Mini SD Card'. Now get back to 'Record New' option and record the sound you wanna make ringtone. Once done check it in Get Tunes & Tones to see it plays or not, if yes than pull out your Transflash card and connect it with PC and copy any MP3 file of your choice onto the Transflash card's root directory. Now, choose copy by right clicking on your recorded file and keep its extension as .qcp. Now just replace the audio file you just copied with the MP3 file. Your phone will think it's a regular audio file. Thats it..