Thread: Settings for sports photography

Settings for sports photography

Hello friends

hopes all doing great.Ok i just purchased an 1D to replace my D60. i would like to shoot a program. me prefer to shoot JPEG, as that is what I did with my old D60 much your friendly nature.am not familiar with the plethora of settings that affect the image - color matrix, and sharpening FWIW, I typically used normal contrast, high saturation, low sharpening, normal tone on the D60.I guess there won't be a lot of skin in these shots, so i prefer CM3.Now, for sharpening can i just go with really low/off settings and sharpen later? can you share me a decent settings that apply just enough sharpening so sports images so as to be pretty much print-ready?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Settings for sports photography

Which will depends up on the scenario my dear friend but i can let you know some decent settings which will bring your work a nice one, the venue in which I shoot allows me to set my 40D at 1250iso, shutter at 1/500 with an aperture of 2.8 (set in manual mode). If you must use the flash gun, set your External Flash on camera setting to High Speed Sync. You will then be allowed to exceed the First Curtain Sync shutter speed limit of 1/250.Using the 3200iso setting, you will have a better opportunity in getting the shot without flash.

It is the case of dependency they are various factors which controls the quality of the picture you are shooting whether it is on the light, daytime, it can be cloudy or bright sun. Daytime has its own problems, on a sunny day you might be able to get away with ISO 200, on a cloudy day ISO 400 will probably be your minimum. night time will all depend on the lights on the field. Night time will require, most of the time anyway, at least ISO 1600 to give you f/2.8 at 1/250th. The slowest shutter speed to stop action is 1/250th better is 1/500 or faster. You just need to adjust and chimp for every condition.

My CM3 reproduced the most precious color with the least need for color correcting,when i tested all of the color matrixes in studio So, I have stuck with that for all my job, both inside and out.. CM 3 works much better for us and our work flow.but for ease of work flow, I think I'd be better off not using CM4 so I can use BreezeBrowser to quickly generate HTML galleries from the sRGB JPEG's.