Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Twitter hash tag

Off Topic Chat

Old 11-07-2009

Twitter hash tag

Hello,
I am a twitter user and this post is all about this community,may be some of you have followed the presidential election, or inauguration night using Twitter Search. what you get with especially for live events is a pretty cool real-time or near-real time back channel discussion of that live event.Also don't forget about sites like twitpic that allow you to upload photos to twitter in near-realtime which could be useful for scouting, etc.So here's what I'm thinking maybe we could agree beforehand on a standard system for tagging the various regional, etc..what you guys think?

Old 11-07-2009

Re: Twitter hash tag

I heard recently Twitter added a Trending Topics feature to member home pages. Trending Topics figure out the familiar words & tags used by all Tweeter users. When a Trending Topic is clicked it will give you a list of all Tweets related to that topic that actually contains that word or tag in the Tweet itself.Any topic discussed by enough people in the same time period will be listed as a Trending Topic.
Old 11-07-2009

You know, this might actually get me to use twitter.however, sounds like a pretty good idea, as long as everyone that would use it is in on it.Hash tags are still used frequently, and more importantly, they are searched frequently. Therefore even if you believe them to be confusing, unnatural, ugly, or annoying, if you want to optimize your search engine efforts, you have to own them.I added support for terms and type substitution to the module
Old 11-07-2009

A hash tag is simply a way for people to search for tweets that have a common topic.Hashtags were developed as a means to create "groupings" on Twitter, without having to change the basic service. For example, if you search on #LOST , you'll get a list of tweets related to the TV show. What you won't get are tweets that say "I lost my wallet yesterday" because "lost" isn't preceded by the hash tag.There are no hard and fast rules, but Twitter should continue to be about answering the simple question: "What are you doing" rather than "What tags apply to what you're doing?

TechArena Community > General Discussion > Off Topic Chat
Tags: , ,