Thread: Reading misspelled words - A study at cambridge university

Reading misspelled words - A study at cambridge university

This may make the average adult meaningless sound, but nonsense-talk, play fantastical wordplay and puns of the strange fiction of children a central role in the development of young readers, suggests a new study.Here is an [unsigned] article which is making the e-mail circuit. It tries to prove that all of us read with a whole word approach.

"From Cambridge University .

O lny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.
    I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, t he olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rgh it pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!"

The mispelled words are intentional in this post.Clear that this piece of nonsense continues to impress is subject not only to ever sag education of Americans, but also to our always growing anti-intellectualism that more and more benefit of the doubt on anything, that promises to ignorance and fundamental intellectual laziness to confirm.

It is marred in any way. I 've never been possible to confirm that such a study ever been done in Cambridge, but as it was, and this description accurately depicted their findings, everyone associated with the study of serious intellectual circles must be initialized.

Re: Reading misspelled words - A study at cambridge university

It appears that someone is unable to tell us that this is wrong written material can only be read by people who are already good readers, not by children only learn to read! The reason for this is because the good readers already have learned these words, which make it easier for their opinions to context and visual closure to the wrong written passage read. They fail to tell you that if you had to give first, second, third or even most read leveling machines, they all would be frustrated!

They can not simply these words by the first and last letter of the word to calculate base and the other letters in their opinions as their experience with rearranging words is minimal.But it also asks how well an example some children 's authors, and require not only over the abuse of that power. The study suggests that Lewis Carroll, for example, often Alice 'used; s dismay as a vehicle for its young readers "to mock, limited command of English in Alice' s Adventures in wonderland.

The lecture tries to explain why some of the best children's authors are so dear of puns, word play and seem nonsense. It is part of a broader research project that the issue of power in children 'examines s literature.

star Re: Reading misspelled words - A study at cambridge university

soo.. doEs this 'thing' havE a namE? i think it doEs... 'causE my brothEr taught mE this... but i forgot which school it was... and now that i know... >.> i forgot thE namE of this 'thing'... if it doEs... sEnd mE an Email massgE!!! pwEasE!!!

Re: Reading misspelled words - A study at cambridge university

I saw the example of the Cambridge paragraph some time ago and this morning thought "I must discover who initiated that".
    My reason is that many years dealing with Modern Symbolic Mazes and Labyrinths has developed a mindset that finds such things fascinating. My book Why is the Letter A at the beginning of the alphabet (Lulu.com self publish Alfred Burgess) takes further steps towars simplicity and analyses the very letters in the alphabet.

When I have finished this I will continue with my exploration.

Every letter has within it an accepted intuit.This is the shared understanding of what it actually means.In different languages the same intuit is expressed in a different way.The fact that the Rosetta stone had on one side letter images that were understood and others that were unclear allowed sensible comparisons to be made and we ended up being able to translate the hitherto meaningless hierogyphics of the Egyptians into something we could understand.

Those of us who cannot speak and read Arabic cannot undertsand and link with intuits being displayed in that mode and we still find oursleves in the dark with certain stone age carvings.
    If anyone knows who did the work at Cambridge please let me know.

Thank You.