Thread: NO New Credit Cards offered by Banks

NO New Credit Cards offered by Banks

HI Friendz,

When you are applying for new credit card are you getting a card from the bank ? I have applied it twice but no result banks are saying that you must have a savings a/c in our bank then we can offer you a credit card minimum balance of 10k. I was shock to hear this earlier days they use give credit cards with out any savings a/c. Does anyone here had face the same problem with banks. I have applied it for HDFC and HSBC but everyone of them refuse to give me the Credit Card.

Regards,
    Nityasundar

re: NO New Credit Cards offered by Banks

Yes the same think had happen with me when i approach Kotak bank for Credit Card they told me the same thing we cannot provide you Credit Card until and unless you have any relationship with Kotak Bank, where i was eligible to get Kotak Bank Credit Card.

re: NO New Credit Cards offered by Banks

Hello , Yup is is True , i Also Had the Same problem , with ICICI Bank , I Think Due to Recession Banks Are Being Careful Now in Issuing Credit Card , This Must be To Avoid Defaulter , Incase If you Have a Saving Account in the Same Bank then they can Recover the Money it ,

Re: NO New Credit Cards offerred by Banks

The reason banks are not offering credit cards now-a-days is because many people have took an advantage of credit cards in huge shoppings before and when the bill for the same is generated for them, most of them have simply raise their hands or given the fake addresses.......As a result the banks have became extra secure about offering the credit card to its customers after confirming the financial security of the customer.