Thread: Monitor your teen’s internet interactions

Monitor your teen’s internet interactions

As a mother of school going adolescents, I am extremely concerned about my sons’ internet communications. I need to know what all they are indulging in over the internet including their contact list. I want all their mails, incoming and outgoing to be routed through me. Is this possible for me without my sons coming to know of it, as I do not want to mess about with their privacy openly.

Re: Monitor your teen’s internet interactions .

Much of this applies to Exchange Server 5.5 or later. You may need to upgrade older versions, especially to prevent relay theft by spammers.

The Exchange Server Administrator program has a Connections tab that lets you specify how to route mail for specific domains (Message Delivery). It also has a default route. Select "Forward all messages to host:" and type in the name of your Internet provider's outgoing mail server. You can override this rule for specific domains (such as your own).

For specifics see this Exchange Server how-to:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.../dialupims.asp.
    With great power comes great responsibility - Spiderman's Uncle

The Greatest Sig Ever

To know your son's internet communication need to know which Messenger services he uses, such as yahoo messenger or Gtalk or any other else, then you need to have his account details such as mail ID and Password without knowing him, Once this you get you could retrieve all his contact details as well as all his communication details.

But instead of doing all these things, you try to share communication with your son, try to understand what his views about his life, asks about his friends and most of all take him into your consideration.This will helps both of you...

Thread Moved to the Off-Topic chat section.

It is very important that you trust your teenager. Be open to him and explain the risks and make him understand the same. If you want to monitor his activities, try parental control software like Parental Control Bar.

I understand your situation. It can be quite difficult handling growing kids as they get offended soon. You can definitely keep a watch on your sons’ mails, incoming and outgoing and their contact list. Log on to for full access and control of their email accounts. You can have your own password and reach out to their accounts.

Re: Monitor your teen’s internet interactions

Install a key logger on his computer. It will record all applications and conversations and emails. Some of the better key loggers will record both sides of the conversation with messengers.

Re: Monitor your teen’s internet interactions

Your situation is pretty critical. But it can be kept under control to obtain some measures.The very first thing you should do is to install a key logger in the computer. This will help you in gaining full access and control of their email accounts. You can have your own password and reach out to their accounts.
    All the best..