Thread: Does Windows 7 supports Foreign Language

Does Windows 7 supports Foreign Language

I am planning to purchase a new computer system which will run Windows 7 as my operating system. Just few days back, as i was viewing the Microsoft web page, On Microsoft's page comparing the different versions of Windows 7, one of the differences it check marks for Windows 7 Ultimate is "Work in the language of your choice and switch between any of 35 languages". I remember on older versions of windows where you could add another language like Spanish or something, and you could switch your keyboard layout to that language, or even set it as default so your keyboard would act just like one from Spain on one of their computers. So, i would like to know that does Windows 7 supports Foreign Language? Does this mean that Home Premium and Professional will not allow me to work in a language besides English if I don't have Ultimate? Any one has any idea about it? Kindly provide me the correct information on the above issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Does Windows 7 supports Foreign Language

If you are looking for programs to use with a different language, there are many out there. With multiple languages and keyboards/Input Method Editors (IMEs) installed on your computer, you can compose documents that contain more than one language. If it's a program or three that you're looking for, let us know and we should be able to hook you up with something close to what you're looking for. Any recipients of multilingual documents must also have the same languages installed on their computers to read or edit the documents.

Yes, unfortunately. All you need is one of Crick Software MFL speech engines and you’re ready to create foreign language resources. The multi-language pack is considered by Microsoft to be a feature relevent to the multinational corporation environment which the 'Windows 7 Enterprise' edition is designed for. Just install the voice and it automatically becomes available as an option in all of these programs. For a standalone license holder to have access to the feature he or she must purchase Windows 7 Ultimate, which is effectively the 'standalone license' equivalent of the (volume licensing only) Enterprise Edition. MFL speech support is available in French, German, Dutch, Spanish, Arabic and Polish.

Windows 7 language packs are available for computers that are running Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 7 Enterprise. Microsoft Windows allows a number of different keyboard languages and layouts. Installation of the "typical", or "default" options provides capabilities for French, Spanish, and other Western European languages. For more information, you can check out the following link. The Windows 7 language packs can be installed only from the Optional Updates section in Windows Update. Hope so it mat help you out.