Can't print on network printer
I believe I have the correct drivers in the Toshiba, because I can print with it if I connect it directly to the printer via USB cable. My Antivirus software has no firewall, and I have the Windows firewall turned off. I have all three computers configured to share the network.
IF you hate me, please don't mention it. I know who hates me and who doesn't. You really do not have to make fun of people....
1. Install the printer driver on your Windows Vista computer.
2. During installation, you'll be prompted to connect the printer to your computer. Choose the option to proceed with installation without connecting the printer.
3. After installation completes, open the Printers wizard from the Windows Vista Control Panel.
4. Right click on the entry for the new printer, and choose Properties.
5. Go to the Ports tab.
6. Click Add Port, select Local Port, then click New Port.
7. For the port name, enter the network path and share name of your printer (ie "\\TheirComputer\TheirPrinter1").
8. Click OK, and verify that the new port is selected.
9. Click OK to close the printer properties.
Hope this helps
Education, Career and Job Discussions
I was having the same problem, I checked the IP address with another wireless computer I have and they didn't match. So I corrected the IP address and it worked successfully.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Can't print on network printer"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|how to Print through a Network Printer in chrome os||Yanni||Operating Systems||5||29-06-2011 09:25 PM|
|SP3 - Cannot print to shared network printer||Kajj||Windows XP Support||3||18-11-2008 05:38 AM|
|Unable to print after SP3 update, 1 USB, 1 network printer||prakashseth||Windows XP Support||3||22-09-2008 11:49 PM|
|Network Printer Won't Print from one Machine||Paul P||Windows XP Support||6||10-09-2008 10:19 AM|
|Have new laptop, can't print to network printer||Forums||Windows Vista Network||3||20-07-2008 11:51 PM|