Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-10-2007

Workgroup or Domain

I just started with a new company that has a domain setup but has all of the users log on locally to their workstations. I am still in school (and still learning real-world) but I believe we should have the users log on to the domain to have more control.

What I am fighting is that there is interest in adding more firewalls and security to protect the network and lock down the workstations instead of the users. The other thought is that since users log on locally the profiles are loaded from the workstation and not the server. If we have everyone log on to the domain we would use up our system resources. We are using CAT-5 and Fast Ethernet and with only 20 workstations and 2 network printers I don't think this would be an issue.

Am I wrong? Am I right? I could use some outside help.

Thanks.
Andrew
Old 07-11-2007

Yes u can do that..

hi Andrew.. u can do that without any problem ... it is good thinking to do that for ur company.... Domain systems is far better than workgrouips .. u can even create roaming profiles for ur users to protect ur network workstations from mishandling in the OS.... and there is always an option to create group policies..

and good luck
Old 17-05-2010

Re: Workgroup or Domain

Bring all systems on domain as it ll certainly help you to utilize network resources.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,