Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: connecting two computers using phone line?

Quote Originally Posted by Godmode
    basically the serial ports fastest of all the possible ways discussed here..
    I thought the serial was the slowest ???
    # Cheat me in price, but not in the goods i purchase - Spanish Proverb
    # Childhood and genius have the same master-organ in common: inquisitiveness - E. G. Bulwer Lytton

hmm it is possible i've tried it once with a utility named.....ssss i dont remember the name it was made by some sudents from iit i think i will search my old cds and will reply back
    I KNOW WHO I'AM hmm....... DO I ???

Quote Originally Posted by godzi_85
    hmmm.....
    i also wanna connect 2 pc`s using modem and telephone.. prob is that my friend stay around 6 min walk from my house.. and its just not possible to get a cable from my pc to his...
    any suggestion??on how i can just send all the data to him through my telephone line itself?? if possible??
    I think your only feasible/easy option would be for the both of you to log on to the net through your respective ISP's simultaneously, and then use Yahoo/MSN Messenger to get your files across
    The other option would be to set up your friend's PC as a dial-up server, and you just dial his number instead of your ISP's number and connect to his PC. After that how you would share files, i'm not too sure?

u can use a software named Symantec pcAnywhere but only via a phone line u can even remote control the pc.

Symantec's PCAnywhere costs money. A better free alternative would be RealVNC, and its variants - UltraVNC, etc.
    But either way it has no relation to the problems posed above

2 PC's can also be connected via BNC connector's. For that you just need a LAN Card, with BNC connector,these LAN cards are available at same price as normal Lan card.
    The BNC cable is really easy to make, just buy 2 BNC pins with appropriate resistance, and solder it to your telephone wire or any other wire,like CableTV wire, etc which is laid directly b/w your friend and your house at both ends, and connect it to the LAN card, and you're done.
    BTW just make sure about the distance b/w the two houses as this method works upto certain distances only

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12