Thread: Wake on Lan not working on Asus A8N-E

Wake on Lan not working on Asus A8N-E

Hi,
    I am having a Desktop system which is connected to my LAN network in my office. I am trying to set the computers to wake on lan. My computer is the main server, so I want to boot the other two computer when I turned on my computer. But this is not working. On opening the case I found the model number of my motherboard as Asus A8N-E. I had change the BIOS settings on the host computer. But when I boot my computer those both does not turn on. Any suggestion would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Wake on Lan not working on Asus A8N-E

First try to upgrade your Ethernet driver and then try back again. See that your LAN is properly configured. Then there is a ways to get the host computer respond. First right click on My Computer and select Properties. Then go to Hardware > Device Manager. In the list right click on the network card and choose properties. Then select the configure button. Now go to Power management. Put a tick on Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby and give ok. Restart your system and try back again.

The problem can be solved by configuring the network adapter setting on your networked computers. Take a note that this you have to perform on all computers. Click on Start Menu > Control Panel > Network Connections. Then right click on the LAN and then choose configure. In the resultant window go to power management and tick on all the options. Then restart your system and try back again. It will work.

If the computer is on hibernation or off mode then by this solution you can wake up the computer. Normally in Wake on lan the computer sends a message to the host computer. If the service is not properly configured then your host computer will not respond. First enable wake on lan in all the computers. Download WakeonLanGui and install it. In the application type ipconfig /all. Note down the address of your targe computer. Add that in WakeOnLanGui and click on ok.