Thread: Lacie Bigdisk Network: connection problem

Lacie Bigdisk Network: connection problem

I am having problem with network drive. It is connected by ethernet to my router, which is connected by ethernet to my pc. I can't even see the disk in Windows Explorer when it is connected to my USB port. However for the FTP connection via ip addresses, its possible and the file transfer is OK. Also, I can not use the administrative interface and I get the message "Wait a few minutes to reconnect." What should I do now?

Re: Lacie Bigdisk Network: connection problem

It seems to be Lacie problem which should be raised to Lacie tech support. Why don't you try to ping the address to see if it connected? Did you tried pointing a web browser at it and seeing if you can access the web based setup? Its worth to try.

Here is the reset procedure for the D2 BigDisk Network and Network products.

1. Switch OFF the product. (Once off, the product's power switch back must be on the OFF position.)

2. Push the front button and keep it pressed.

3. Move back the power switch to the ON position. (The front button's LED Will start blinking Blue & Red.)

4. Once the front button's LED stops blinking and is stable RED, release the front button. (Once released, the front button's Blue LED will start blinking.)

5. When the front button's LED stops blinking again and is stable Blue, push the front button and release it. This confirms the reset.

6. Leave rebooting product, and you are done. (The product itself is now restoring to factory defaults settings.)

Please note that:
    i. The Administrator password is reset to "admin"
    ii. Shares are renamed as "Recovered_oldname". There should be no objective data loss
    iii. All other settings are lost.

I also met the same type of problem recently with LaCie d2 1TB Network. I even left a support ticket on the LaCie sav but no response received yet. I did exactly the same manipulation that you propose to reset the d2Network. Everything went well, the assistant gave me his hand, I found all my files. Thank you very much for this information

Thank you for the information. I can detect the drive and it has an ip address assigned to it. I tried log in to its web based setup and it worked. I am able to move the files to it from my macbook. The files on the disk are also accessible via the ip address, but I cannot see it anywhere within windows to move files from my windows laptop.