Thread: removing PWS:Win32/Zbot.gen!AJ

removing PWS:Win32/Zbot.gen!AJ

I have this PWS:Win32/Zbot.gen!AJ virus in my computer that has taken all over my computer. Even the Microsoft Security Essentials antivirus is not able to get rid of this virus. It will just tell me that it has put it in quarantine or something and removed it and tells me to restart my computer. But after the reboot, I again get the same message that the computer needs to be restarted to remove this trojan. Does anyone know how do I completely remove this virus? Thanks

Re: removing PWS:Win32/Zbot.gen!AJ

You can download and run the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool if your computer is running Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, or Windows XP. The easiest way to download and run the tool is to turn on Automatic Updates. Turning on Automatic Updates guarantees that you receive the tool automatically every month. If you have Automatic Updates turned on, you have already been receiving new versions of this tool monthly. The tool runs in quiet mode unless it finds an infection. More information is given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830/en-us

I would also suggest you to download a tool called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware software. This program allows you to fight against any kind of malware, spyware, spam and trojans. You can do a quick search or advanced quarantine for pests detected items to delete them. Complete and heuristic analysis is given to in a document, along with your registry and system files. The malware signature database is updated regularly for optimum protection. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware allows you to edit a detailed report at the end of each scan.

You can also get Hitman Pro which is an anti-spyware software which includes automatic and simultaneous use of multiple anti-spyware programs such as Spybot - Search & Destroy or Ad-Aware from Lavasoft. Hitman Pro is fully automated. After starting the scan, the software automatically installs the anti-spyware with selected options, updates and checks the entire hard disk and compressed files for any malware presence on your computer.