Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Does malware affects Internet speed

Networking & Security

Old 01-12-2014

Does malware affects Internet speed

I am having some internet problem in my pc. I am having a 1mbps connection and when I download something it shows me 30kbps of maximum speed. I contacted the service provider who says that there is no issue from his end. I had also checked the cable but still the issue is same. I want to know that does malware can cause internet speed problem. I am getting too many ads on my pc. Even when I open YouTube I cannot see any videos. Just ads. And this happen after AVG got expired. I can see too many media viewers icons in my browser.

Old 02-12-2014

Re: Does malware affects Internet speed

Yes it can cause the problem. Your browser will crash and you might get too many popups also. For that it is better to download a good antivirus in your pc. And then boost your pc in safe mode and scan thoroughly in that. Just update it and scan in the same mode. Remove your web browsers also. And install a new one. Do not backup or save any settings in the back end. The malware will still remain in your pc. I will advice you to go ahead and try this once.
Old 03-12-2014

Re: Does malware affects Internet speed

That is not at all going to work well. The only thing you can do here is simply format your pc. It has happened to me. I was using a free edition of AVG. I do not know what happen and it got upgraded to trail edition. And when it stopped working there are too many addosn in the browser. Formatting will wipe out everything and then you can install everything back again from scratch. Keep using a good antivirus which will help you. I think Clamwin is also not a bad choice.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,