Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

removing Keybar 1.8 toolbar

Networking & Security

Old 22-09-2014

removing Keybar 1.8 toolbar

My cousin was using my computer yesterday when he somehow downloaded this Keybar 1.8 Toolbar on my pc. I have already tried to uninstall it from the Control Panel but it didnt go away. So, i installed and uninstalled it again and then rebooted my pc but I can still see that toolbar on my pc. But it is not showing up in Control Panel this time but the toolbar is still on every page making the website loading very slow. Is there anyway how to get rid of this toolbar from my pc? Thanks

Old 23-09-2014

Re: removing Keybar 1.8 toolbar

You will have to remove the Keybar 1.8 Toolbar program from your computer by following these steps. You will need to reset your Internet Home Page to use a blank home page when you open any browsers. To do that open Internet Explorer and go to webpage you want to set as your home page. After that click on Tools and then go to Internet options. Now go to General ab and then set the page you are on as your home page and then click Use current.
Old 24-09-2014

You can also try to disable all web browser add-ons which are related to the Toolbar or ActiveX Control. So, first of all open Internet Explorer. After that click on Tools option and then click on Manage Addons. Now under this option click on Toolbars and Extensions. Click on Show and then select the option to display a complete list of addons on your computer, search for the Keybar 1.8 Toolbar and select the option to disable or remove it from your extension completely. Restart the browser and it will be gone forever.
Old 25-09-2014

Download a tool called AdwCleaner to get rid of this toolbar from your pc. It is a free program that allows you to make a good system cleaning of your PC and make it faster and improve performance. It is a handy tool that allows you to remove unwanted programs. With AdwCleaner, you can indeed remove adware from your computer, unwanted programs, the toolbar and the hijacker who diverts the start page of the browser. Very simple to use, AdwCleaner includes a search mode and delete mode. You can easily uninstall all the toolbar using the "uninstall" feature.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,