Thread: how to remove Win32.downloader.gen

how to remove Win32.downloader.gen

My computer has recently being affected by a trojan named Win32.downloader.gen. I have installed Spybot and it comes up in the scanning but Spybot is not able to remove it. I have also installed Norton in my pc but it is not detecting this trojan at all. I have also searched for a solution on the web but cannot find anything useful for me. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: how to remove Win32.downloader.gen

If you want to remove the Win32.Downloader.Gen processes then press ctrl+alt+del to open the Windows Task Manager. After that click on the processes tab and search for the Win32.Downloader.Gen and then right click on it and choose End Process. Now click on Start button and then on the search bar type regedit and press Enter. After that the registry editor will open, here you have to search for the registry key and right click on the below registry key and select Delete:

Just go to this directory %PROGRAM_FILES%\ Win32.Downloader.Gen \ and delete the infected files manually.

This trojan can be easily removed by the Spybot Search and Destroy software. All you need to do is simply restart your computer and then press F8 to get an option for the Safemode with Networking. Just choose this mode and enter your computer and then try to run Spybot as administrator and when it detects the Win32.downloader.gen malware, then simply remove it from your pc. You can also try to click on Stop or whatever as soon as the Win32.downloader.gen shows up to remove it quickly.

Download MalwareBytes Antimalware tool which is free for unlimited use. This tool scans disks and devices on your computer for all types of malware, Spyware, Rogue type, trojans, viruses, malicious script introduced in your registry (Regedit), scanning hidden folders in the backup, temporary files, etc. It offers two types of analysis: Threat Scan, which goes to scan the areas where malwares hide normally, and Custom Scan, which allows you to run a custom system scan. The interface also includes a third type of scanning, Hyper Scan, which is only possible in the Premium version which is paid.