Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

It is pain to manage multiple wireless repeater

Networking & Security

Old 06-09-2014

It is pain to manage multiple wireless repeater

My office are having around 4 wifi repeaters that are placed in different corner so that everyone can get a constant internet connectivity. Some there is always a internet issue. At some place the video streaming is not working file while at some place the download is slow. We face major issue with upload. It does not work well. We are having a very high speed internet. It is an optical fiber line that offer one to one connection and a very high speed connectivity. Even after that the internet is not so fine. The net works very well in the cabin where the router is installed. I want some way through which I can event divide the speed among all people.

Old 12-09-2014

Re: It is pain to manage multiple wireless repeater

I do not think repeaters are great enough to help you. The best thing to do is simply install a cable line in your office. You can use a high speed switch with a load balancer. Many high end routers comes loaded with load balancer. Through cabling users can have a more constant and regular speed. The upload and download will also be fine. Or you can try placing a router that has a wide coverage. It is possible to use multiple routers in a office. I think two routers with high coverage can be enough for your office usage. You can get a constant and good amount of speed at all the corners. But go for cabling that will help you a lot.
Old 12-09-2014

Re: It is pain to manage multiple wireless repeater

Cabling requires extra care and money also. But this are kind of one time solution. What I think the wifi repeater placement in your office is not proper. There might be heavy objects or a long gap between the repeater. You have to make a diagram of your office and you have to understand the wifi repeater range. And then on that basis you will have to place them. This will help you a lot in geting a good speed. Always buy a good router with dual antenna and a dual band frequency. So that your speed does not gets affected when multiple users are connected with the same.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,