Thread: Can a keylogger record keys of virtual keyboard also

Can a keylogger record keys of virtual keyboard also

I am looking for a safe way to do a few banking transaction on a public pc. I visit the place regularly and a pc is left reserved for me. I can also install my program on the same. I am still doubtful about using my internet banking. That is because this public pc can have some kind of malware or keylogger which can simply copy keystrokes. I want to know that using virtual keyboard can help here. Will it prevent from recording the keys when I type by clicking through mouse. If yes then which virtual keyboard would the safest one to use. Is there any available or I have to use the default Windows on-screen keyboard.

Re: Can a keylogger record keys of virtual keyboard also

I do not really think that a keylogger is capable of recording keystrokes of a virtual keyboard. Because on that you are just going to make clicks. So that is not going to show up anything. Many net banking sites gives you a virtual keyboard option to use. You can click on that and use it for your need. This are the safest one to use. This keyboard is integrated no the web page and you can click on that to use your net banking. Always keep a mobile number saved on your bank account. Whenever you make a transaction you will receive a sms messages. This will help you to keep a track on transaction you are doing.

There are nice virtual keyboards which you are use for net banking and I am quiet sure that this would the be safest way to keep your online banks secure. You can try using Neo’s SafeKeys. This one is the best and it is very hard for key-loggers to guess the password. It gives you a simple drag and drop method. Here there is no need to click on the alphabets. Just drag and drop the letters and done. You can download and install this in your pc and I am quiet sure it is going to work well. There are many keyboards like this. One of them is Mouse Only Keyboard. This one is having a very weird layout. It is not like traditional keyboard.

peterli1983 Guest

I haven't seen any keylogger software can record keystroke on virtual keyboard. Generally, it can only record keystroke which is typed on your keyboard.