Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Copy error while transferring files through wifi

Networking & Security

Old 05-09-2014

Copy error while transferring files through wifi

I am getting copy error when I am trying to transfer a few files through wifi from desktop pc to a tablet. I am using eShare here. This allow me to transfer files through ftp url. I have to type that in Windows Explorer and then hit enter. I can then simply copy paste files in the internal storage of tablet. But when I do that I am getting a copy error. This use to work well before. I had transferred a few old photos before and they worked. But now this is not working and giving me a copy error. I had restarted the tablet also but still getting the same kind of issue.

Old 06-09-2014

Re: Copy error while transferring files through wifi

The issue is not with the files or with the tablet storage it can be with the app. There are other apps also available that can help you to do the same. You can use ES File Explorer. This app works inside the tablet. You have to tap on the LAN section to see the IP of your pc. And then you have to copy the files in the shared folder. You can move the files from pc storage to the tablet. This would be a extremely simple option for you. I am using ES File Explorer from long time and I had not faced any issue with file transfer. Just try the same and what output you are getting.
Old 09-09-2014

Re: Copy error while transferring files through wifi

You can try using WifiDroid - Wifi File Transfer. It works very much similar to eShare. When you start the app it offer you a ftp url. You have to type the address in the address bar of Windows Explorer to access the storage. This app is very easy to use and will not give you any kind of error. Also check that your tablet has some space left to copy the files. If there is low space then this copy will keep on failing and you wont be able to do anything. It is a nice lightweight software which is compatible and easy to use. You can check all the files inside the file manager directly. And you can directly stream videos from the lan network also.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,