Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-08-2014

What are the risk in using a P2P Network

I am looking for a fast and reliable file transfer solution for my small office. We have a few branches around the globe. Now to get file we are right now using a Cloud storage. And that is really costly to me. I had found that we can use P2P network in that place to get a absolutely free way of having file sharing and that too at a faster rate. I am quiet studying about this from long time and found that torrents are the best example. I want to know the risk involved in this network. If I share my office documents through this constantly would it cause any problem.
Old 18-08-2014

Re: What are the risk in using a P2P Network

The P2P networks is the most common one and a kind of effective system for downloading files. But it is also used for the piracy stuff. You can use if you want it for your personal use. You have to use a torrent client for the same. There is always a risk of file safety here. Because this network is not regulated. There are few disadvantages that can put your data on risk. I found this network best for sharing video presentation files. Your time is saved in uploading files in the web. You can just share that directly.
Old 20-08-2014

There is a huge risk of privacy here. That means when you share your file there are chances that other can also get their hand on the same. Your data never remains secure. In Cloud you have lot of security. Your data remains locked on the cloud and it is only accessible through valid login. Now there is one solutions that you can use to keep your data secure and private. For that you have to access the network through a VPN. This will limit the
visibility of your files on the web and you can just transfer files securely.
Old 21-08-2014

I agree with that. VPN add more security. Here VPN channels allow all traffic to be exchanged in the encrypted from. So that it is not interfered or interrupted by any external thing. It is cheap and effective. You can buy it on different branches and use that for transferring the file. It is not easy to crack a vpn. A VPN channels allow all traffic exchanged in a locked format. And this is called as encryption which is not so easy to break. I will recommend you to study about this so that you can get more general idea about the same.
Old 26-08-2014

VPN protect you from all corner. It hide your ip and also does not allow your visibility on the web. It is very easy for others to access your file as they can sniff your data packets. And it is not complicated for them to use a tool for accessing the file. But though vpn your entire visibility is hidden. Even your geo location s changed when you are in a vpn mode. You can go for a paid version so that you get multi-user access and you can secure transfer your files. Do not use them directly on the web.
Old 03-09-2014

You guys are ignoring about the security risks involved in using a P2P network. Sometime downloading software or files through this platform can compromise the pc security. The most common things done on this kind of network is spreading of viruses. So there are chances that your file can catch the same too. If you want to use the same from the personal usage then you should use strict security policy. Like archive your file and lock them with a password and then share it. Share the password through email.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,