Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014

Windows explorer crashing while double clicking on network pc

I have some shared files on the lan network. There are around 3 pc. All of this pc are having shared folders. When I go in network places and double click on the pc I get a message on the screen that windows explorer is crashed. I am not able to get in that. I want a bit help to fix the issue. I had tried a number of time to access the same but it is not working. Can anyone help. I hope this is not a virus issue.
Old 04-06-2014

Re: Windows explorer crashing while double clicking on network pc

Check your lan shared resources and verify the same. That will help you to fix the issue. I think the storage which you are trying is not accessible due to which windows explorer is crashing. Better go in the pc and check the sharing status. And if possible also re-share them back again. I had go this issue a few time when I was unable to access the folder. It was crashing instantly whenever I try to open the same.
Old 05-06-2014

Re: Windows explorer crashing while double clicking on network pc

The issue is with the network resources. I got the problem on a mapped drive. I had stored a few important files in the folder and map the drive in my computer. When I double clicked on that the system crashed instantly. I to fix that I shared the same back again and it worked. There is no issue with that now. You have to do the same thing. It can be fixed by restart also. So before making changes in the shared permission just restart your pc and check.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,