Thread: How to get rid of Cryptolocker on Windows 8.1

How to get rid of Cryptolocker on Windows 8.1

I am facing a bit issue with a fake tool which is installed on my system. It is called as Cryptolocker. I am getting a message that my personal files are encrypted. I never installed this software then how can this tool encrypt the files. I want a bit help here to remove this thing. I am unable to find any solution for it. I got this issue after downloading a few attachments. I am using outlook. My antivirus is not doing anything.

Re: How to get rid of Cryptolocker on Windows 8.1

Well boot your pc in safe mode first. There are few online scanner which can help you in fixing the issue. But if that does not work much then you can try using a bootable antivirus. You can download and burn a iso disc out of the same and boot your system through that disc. It comes with updated antivirus. Just can your system with that done. That will be enough to resolve the issue. Always keep your system updated. And do not use any free or cracked software.

Re: How to get rid of Cryptolocker on Windows 8.1

It is always recommended to use a full internet security pack instead of a pc antivirus. Because when you download this kind of attachments the antivirus will scan your pc before opening the same. This tool is a malware and it is not easy to remove. You might have to format your pc. The first thing you have to do is backup your entire data. And if nothing works then just format your pc. Later on install a full internet security pack on your system.