Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 20-05-2014

Multiple lan in Windows Wifi

Hi Folks, can anyone help me with this? My WiFi connection has been slow lately and when I look at my network and sharing center I see that there is my private network plus an unidentified public network with 10 "local area connections" but they have no network access. What are they there for and would they be the reason my connection slows down??
Old 20-05-2014

Re: Multiple lan in MyWifi Router

Many of those are created when you are trying to setup a new network. You can delete them. And they are not responsible for slow internet connection. There can be other reason also. For your slow internet connection just try to update the router firmware. That will help you more in fixing the issue. Try to delete all the existing lan connection and create a new one.
Old 21-05-2014

Re: Multiple lan in Windows Wifi

Thanks for the reply Reese, I couldn't find an option to delete them but I disabled them in "adapter settings" but they were back after a restart I clicked on them and in properties they use Avast firewall driver??? I do use avast internet security.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: