Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014

How to fix issues with wake on lan on Windows XP

I am unable to configure Wake on Lan on a old Dell Optiplex system which has Windows XP. I am just testing how this realy work. If it is effective I can simply configure this on all the pc in the network. I tried to configure this a number of time but it is not working. What can be reason. Is there some settings in Windows XP which I have to enable to make it work. I want some help on the same. Thanks.
Old 06-05-2014

Re: How to fix issues with wake on lan on Windows XP

Update the systems lan driver first. Wake on Lan features works when it is available in the bios. Without that it is not going to work. You have to see that your system must have that option enable. There is nothing to do in Windows xp. Still if you think that there can be issue from the OS you can try installing fresh windows driver in your system. If this does not work then your board is not having this feature.
Old 07-05-2014

Re: How to fix issues with wake on lan on Windows XP

I had got this issue on Windows 7. The operating system is responsible if the feature fail to work. It is not entirely depended on the bios. To fix the problem you have to type ncpa.cpl in Start > Run box. Just type this and hit enter. You have to click on the network adapter located in Network connections. Just right click on that and choose properties then then click on configure. You have to go in Advance and there you have to enable it. That's it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,