Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

High latency on home router

Networking & Security

Old 17-04-2014

High latency on home router

I am getting high latency problem on my Netgear router. It is a cheap one that I had bought a year ago. Still it is working fine. I had connected it near by pc on the lan port. It takes long time to open a page. The ping rate here is very high. Sometime it is 70ms on it. But when I use the same internet connection directly on my pc through mode it works fine. The ping is just 1ms. What can be the issue.

Old 18-04-2014

Re: High latency on home router

Change the patch code and check back. I think that is the problem. You had connected the router to the lan port. Just for the testing purpose get a new patch cord and connect the router to the model directly if it has a port and then see what ping you are getting. Most probably this is a connectivity issue according to me. I think you will get good speed when you had connected to the modem directly.
Old 19-04-2014

Can due to outdated firmware or you are using the router too much. I had got this issue on my old dlink router. I am using this fro 6 months and it remain on 24x7. After 2 months of purchase it started working slow and there was connection drop. I updated the firmware and it worked well. But I also turn off the router when not required. This boosted the performance and I am getting a really good output now.
Old 21-04-2014

It can be also due to a old router. If it is under warranty then you can take that to service center for repair. Updating the firmware is a good solution. Just to confirm that the router is only having problem connect your pc directly to the model and see the ping rate. If it is high then the issue lies with your internet connection not with the router.
Old 16-05-2014

I guess you need to update your router with NETGEAR R700 AC1900 Nighthawk Smart WiFi Router. I am using it for gaming and streaming and it is working superb.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,