Thread: How to test and find a antivirus is reliable or not

How to test and find a antivirus is reliable or not

There are are various antivirus available today. Popular one are costly. I found a few local antivirus which is far more cheaper compared to the popular one. I want some way through which I can test and find out that this antivirus are good. How can I do that. I had installed one and it is saying that my system is completely secure. I need a bulk virus solution and popular one like Norton are too costly here.

Re: How to test and find a antivirus is reliable or not

You can find ample of resources about them on web. That will help you to find and test whether this antivirus is good or not. I had did this for a college project work. You just have to paste certain code in a notepad file and then save it. If the antivirus is good enough it will detect and delete the file. This will be more helpful in finding how much active the antivirus is. Most of the test methods are quiet safe.

EICAR is the most famous test. I cannot post the entire code here. Just search that on web. All you have to do is copy certain code in a notepad file and save the same in the form of ecar.com. If the antivirus is active it will detect and give you a notification about the same. If not then the antivirus will not react on the same. You can also download different test files from eicar.org.

There are different ways to test a antivirus. Some local one are easy to test. You can get ample of resources for the same from eicar. Or you can refer to the reports of AVTest. That will be also more helpful. AVTest gives detail analysis of different antivirus. They generate various reports and give information about the security threats and how accurate the antivirus is. Similar to AVTest there are also many other services available who test antivirus.