Thread: Things I do to prevent malware on my pc without antivirus

Things I do to prevent malware on my pc without antivirus

Is it possible to prevent malware in a pc. I do not want to install any antivirus, this slow down the system. I have a few old pc which are running shop software. They are only used to record the products in warehouse. They are interconnected through lan. There is no use of upgrading them. Whenever we add a antivirus they work really slow. So I want some basic preventive measures through which we can avoid virus in them.

Re: Things I do to prevent malware on my pc without antivirus

Most of the time virus enter through internet or through external storage. Like from a usb or through a optical drive. You can avoid them if you stop installing anything. To keep your system protected you will at-least need a basic antivirus. Install MSE. It is lightweight. Just keep it updated. Your system will remain protected from different threats.

You can only keep your system completely protected by monitoring it. Like installing a good process explorer. This explorer software will give you information on what thing is working in the background and how much ram it is consuming. You can then on that basis keep your system protected from unwanted applications. Install only the required thing and keep your firewall on all the time.

If you do not want a antivirus then you can still keep your system protected through online scanning. Today we have ample of online scanners. Or you can install a lan antivirus. All you have to do is install it on a single pc and that antivirus will scan and protect all the pc in the network. I think Norton has this feature. Just check on its official website.