Thread: get rid of TBVerifier.dll

get rid of TBVerifier.dll

I am running Windows 7 on my computer and today when I started my computer then I was getting an error message that said the following:

"There was a problem starting C:\ProgramFiles (x.86)\Conduit\CT329856\plugins\TB Verifier.dll
    The specified module could not be found"

I tried scanning with my Norton Antivirus but nothing was picked in the process. Does anyone know how do I get rid of this error message? Thanks

Re: get rid of TBVerifier.dll

Your computer is infected with conduit search hijacker. So you will need to remove it from your pc by going to Start and then Control Panel and then click on Uninstall a Program and then remove the browser pluging created by Conduit. After that you need open Internet Explorer and then go to Internet Options and then change the home page under General Tab and then press Alt+X and click manage add-ons and then click Search providers and here try to set a new default search engine by uninstalling Search.Conduit from the given list.

Download and install a tool called CCleaner and then run it on your PC. After that click on Tools in the menu and then click the Startup tab. After that find the entry on the list that is related to TBverifier.dll and then click Delete. After that restart your pc and then check your computer if you are still having the same error message problem or did it go away.

If the TBVerifier.dll file is locked by another file or process then you can download an app called Unlock It by searching it on the net. After you have installed it then open UnLock It to find the same file and after selecting it you will have to click the Unlock Resource button in the application toolbar. After doing this the file will be unlocked and you can easily delete it now.