Thread: getting rid of PUP.Optional.Conduit.A

getting rid of PUP.Optional.Conduit.A

I am using Malwarebytes Antimalware on my computer and when I scanned my pc then it found PUP.Optional.Conduit.A virus? I removed it immediately and then rebooted the computer and scanned again. Again this PUP.Optional.Conduit.A was found and no matter how many times I remove it, this virus comes back after a restart? I also did a scan from Norton Antivirus but it was not able to pick up this virus? Does anyone know how to get rid of this virus completely? Thank you for any assistance.

Re: getting rid of PUP.Optional.Conduit.A

The Conduit virus is a type of browser hijacker and if it is installed in your computer then a Conduit toolbar will be added in the browser. So, to remove this go to Start and then Control Panel and then Uninstall a Program area. Here you will need to find a tool called Search Protect by Conduit and then uninstall it from your computer. Now open the internet browser and then go to its advanced settings and then click on the Reset button, all the search will be set to default now.

Did you try to install any free software some days before? If you had then you might have install the Conduit software with the free software that usually asks you to install all this bloatwares. Also, if you have any outdated plugins like Adobe Flash, Acrobat Reader or Java then it will also infect them very easily, so try to follow the above method to remove it as soon as possible.

To remove PUP.Optional.Conduit.A you will need to update Malwarebytes to the latest version. After that run Malwarebytes on your computer and then scan all the drives. Now, instead of allowing this antimalware to remove the selected threats, you will first need to click on the selected item that malwarebytes has found. After that right click on it and select Jump To Location. You will be taken to pup conduit file's location where you need to manually delete it and then empty the recycle bin as well. Retart the computer and you will be free from this virus.

Hey, I don't know if your problem has been solved, but I found several posts that may help you get rid of PUP.Optional.Conduit.A from the computer completely. Hope more people can solve this PUP issue.
    How to remove PUP.Optional.Conduit.A from Chrome.....

1. Press Alt+F and scroll over Tools.
    2. Go to Extensions and remove all undesired add-ons.
    3. Click Settings on the left, under On Startup, select Open a page or a set of pages.
    4. Click Set pages, remove the current home page address and enter your desired one. Click OK.
    5. Under Search, click on Manage search engines.
    6. Set any search engine as your default one, and remove the unwanted one.
    7. Click Done.
    8. Restart the browser.