Thread: Lots of junk popup after downloading a video player

Lots of junk popup after downloading a video player

I was trying to watch movies online. There is a website that provides all latest movies for free to stream. But when I started streaming after a few minutes it asked to update a codec and provided a download for video player. So I downloaded the same. But later on there are lots of junk in my laptop. There are tons of popups and weird icon on the desktop. How can I clear this.

Re: Lots of junk popup after downloading a video player

You are infected with malware. You will require to remove all associated application and then only the problem will resolved. You can simply go in Control Panel > Uninstall Program. Remove the player and try back.

I do not that is enough. First download malwarebytes in your system. Update it and run a full system scan. This will be more better. If there is any infection or malware in the system this anti-malware will scan and remove it. It is the best way to protect the system. The next thing you can do is run a system restore. Try to restore to an older date. And once you are done with that still to confirm whether there is nothing left in your system, run a full system scan under safe mode. This will be more proper. There is few chances that your system can get back to normal. Because you had already installed the video player. It has modified your system registry and it is not easy to remove it completely. Ads popup is a common thing. When I got this issue I formatted my system. I having a recovery partition. It took around 20 minutes to get everything back. It is really effective and has no issue with it. The infection returns again and again due to some left files in the system. It is very complicated to clean it completely. You can use tools like Acronis to create a system image file and then you can use it for the restoration.

I am using Norton Ghost. I had created a DVD of entire system image file and it worked. There is no issue at all. Whenever there is issue I restore my system with the DVD. Just create a bootable recovery disc. Formatting is a time consuming process.